ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, CONSENT AND INDEMNITY
WHEREAS I will be participating in the 2020 Battle Valleys 2 Day, 2 stage, Enduro (hereinafter referred to as “the Battle Valleys event” or “the event”), organized by BATTLE VALLEYS.
AND WHEREAS I am prepared to give certain warranties, indemnities and consents and make certain acknowledgments relating to my participation in the Battle Valleys event and it is an express condition of my participation in the event that the said warranties, indemnities, acknowledgments and consents be recorded in writing and signed by myself.
NOW THEREFORE I record the following:
1. I warrant that as at date of signing below I am 18 years of age or older.
2. I acknowledge that I am aware that the activities organized by BATTLE VALLEYS ENDURO in which I will be participating during the event (the activities) are inherently dangerous and can result in personal injury including fatal injury to myself.
3. I confirm that I fully appreciate the nature of the risks that I will be exposed to whilst participating in the event and that the activities are that of an extreme sport.
4. I hereby voluntarily assume and accept all risks which are associated with the activities and consent to the risk of any harm which may befall me whilst participating in such activities including bodily injury and/or death.
5. I agree that I shall have no claim of whatsoever nature against BATTLE VALLEYS, its owners, shareholders, directors, members, employees or other persons contracted to BATTLE VALLEYS (hereinafter referred to as “the parties”) for any harm or loss of whatsoever nature which I may suffer whilst participating in the event/activities even if such injury, harm or loss is caused by the negligence of any of the parties.
6. I accordingly indemnify all the parties against any injury, harm or loss which I may suffer whilst participating in the event/activities.
7. In addition to the exemption from liability detailed above I further agree that none of the parties shall be liable to me for any injury, harm or loss of whatsoever nature suffered by me at any time during the Battle Valleys 2 day Event (and not only whilst participating in the activities) arising from any cause whatsoever including but not limited to illness, accident, theft, injury or death. This exemption from liability shall apply even where the injury, harm or loss referred to the above is caused by the negligence of any of the parties.
8. Should any section or any part of any section of this acknowledgment and assumption of risk consent and indemnity be rendered void, invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court of law exercising competent jurisdiction, such a determination shall not render void, invalid or unenforceable any other section or any part of any section in the above.